Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The ColossCirclon : The Coloseum's Cage.

Dear Mr. Pavelich :

You don't know me. My name is Da_HoodedRat, I've been watching MMA for a number of years now. I always loved watching MMA fights in the ring. From the first days of Pancrase in Japan to the end of PRIDE and into DREAM. I first want to applaud you for holding your fights in a Ring the first few years in your promotion in Edmonton, Alberta, The Maximum Fighting Championship.

But, The Ring is no longer the "Universe" as PRIDE described it. The game has merely evolved now, and MMA Fighters are no longer just athletes. They've become a part of Pop Culture, immersing themselves in with the rest of the world, one might say mainstream. But the sport has roots, deeply immersed from the "Gladiator" days as one might say.

Read a article on Sportsnet the other day and it says "You're ready to comply" to the cage and how the ring was "disadvantageous" to the fans watching. Hmm, I'm impressed. I've always thought that, but you surrendered to the age old theory of "Can't beat 'em, join 'em".

Eventually, maybe one day, we'll go back to the Ring, but not now. But now I read you're holding a "Name the Cage" contest for your next card, in Windsor, Ontario in 25 days. April 9th.
Add to that : its title is Conquer at the Colosseum.

So, you're going to be a Caesar's? in Windsor? A Colosseum?
and the Cage is a ring. a Circle if you will....

The only thing I can think of is ColossCirclon. MMA fighters are "Gladiators" and the cage is a throwback to it. You're going to be in Caesar's, might as well adhere to the Cage compliance and "When in Rome, Do As..." . Yes, make it so, ColossCirclon.

And as a matter of fact, when I win this contest, you can get me a couple of girls to go with the box seats. The ones that feed you grapes from an arbour? No? Oh well.

I'd much rather go see you guys than that fight in Toronto anyway.

Sincerely,

DA_HoodedRat,
mmarmaggeddon@gmail.com

Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment